UAV Developer (hi,lo,matlab)
Develop new technologies working with autonomous UAVs. Expand capabilities in areas such as aerial motion planning, mission planning, post-flight analysis, as well as UAV modeling and simulation. Test these algorithms on simulated and physical UAVs and develop communication interfaces to autopilots and ground control software.
- Develop libraries for UAV algorithms such as aerial motion planning, mission planning, post-flight analysis, state estimation, localization, mapping, SLAM, as well as UAV modeling and simulation;
- Test algorithms with simulated and physical UAVs;
- Develop communication interfaces to autopilots, such as PX4 (MAVLink);
- Investigate and incorporate third-party libraries and tools;
- Participate in all stages of design, implementation, testing, and product release;
- Keep up to date on the fast-moving UAV and robotics technology landscape;
- Demonstrate product capabilities to academic and commercial customers and incorporate their feedback.
- A bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree) is required.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with MATLAB or Simulink;
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art approaches to aerial motion planning, mission planning, post-flight analysis, state estimation, localization, mapping, SLAM, and UAV modeling for different configurations such as fixed-wing, multirotor, and VTOL;
- Experience with object-oriented design and programming in C++;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with common UAV autopilot and ground control software, such as PX4, Ardupilot, MAVLink, and QGroundControl;
- Experience with integrating external libraries into MATLAB;
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System), Gazebo.